Friday, January 17, 2014

The Portaportal and Lucy





This is Lucy, one of my cats. She is standing next to a basket of shredded tissue paper. She likes to rip and tear soft papers. If she discovers a roll of unattended toilet paper, she will attack it and tear it to pieces. Finally I gave her, her own basket of papers where she can rip and shred to her heart's content. It's a perfect solution!

The PortaPortal:

Sometimes things happen to web sites. Maybe they go away. Maybe the advertising changes and becomes inappropriate for the innocent eyes of children. Sometimes the old link re-directs to another web site.  Other times I find violent games somehow attached to web pages for kids. As a rule, I don't allow these links to remain on the PortaPortal.

The Internet is a huge place and not always safe. I try to keep my PortaPortal safe for my students and I always welcome suggestions or information if something isn't quite right.

Please, always feel free to send me an email if you do have suggestions.    

No comments:

Post a Comment